Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Perry shows remorse for Zucker hit: 'It's unfortunate'

Corey Perry's blindsided hit to Jason Zucker cost him a game misconduct and five-minute major for interference Tuesday night.

The late hit to Zucker's head knocked the 21-year-old Minnesota Wild forward's head into the boards and out of the game.

Afterwards, Perry showed some remorse for the vicious hit.


“I was committed to the hit. … I tried to let up,” Perry said. “It’s hard. It happens so fast. It’s unfortunate.”





The Anaheim Ducks player passed on this message to to Zucker that he's not the headhunter the replays will make him out to be.


“No. I don’t go out there looking to hurt guys,” Perry said. “That’s not the way I am. That’s not me as a person.”

Perry was suspended four games after elbowing Claude Giroux in 2009. Not exactly a gangster on skates.

Let's see what what the NHL has to say about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment