Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Tebow's 'savior' photo in upcoming GQ is altered

Tim Tebow's shirtless body is featured in GQ's September cover story to kick off the 2012 NFL season.  But that's not such a surprise.

In an article titled "Have You Accepted Tim Tebow as Your QB and Sunday Savior," a photo spread of the New York Jets quarterback features a shot of the devout Christian with his arms outstretched and legs crossed— similar to Jesus on the cross.

Eagle-eyed readers will probably notice that the photo looks like it's a resurrection of shot that appeared in the magazine before.  And they're right.  It's actually a digitally-altered version of the original photo which appeared in a previous GQ issue, when Tebow was a quarterback for the Florida Gators.

The color photo which originally appeared in the magazine was changed to black and white and the Gator's signage removed and put into the upcoming issue.




The article goes on to paint a portrait of an always smiling young man who is one game fail by Mark Sanchez from running the Jets offense.

Asked what he would say to Jets fans who are anti-Tebow, the faithful  Christian said,  "I think if they're a Jets fans, they'll be rooting for me.  Hopefully, I'll do whatever I can to help the team win football games.  I'll give my heart and soul whenever I step on the field and even when I'm on the sidelines.  And at the end of the day, that's really all you can ask of someone."

Keeping the faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment