Friday, May 18, 2012

Robert Griffin III: President Obama would play ball 'with' me, not 'against' me

Robert Griffin III cracked up The Tonight Show with Jay Leno audience after telling the host that he has met President Barack Obama and challenged him to a game of basketball.

"I have met him, I have not been to the White House since he's been there," said RG3. "I heard he's a huge basketball fan, and I challenged him to a game of basketball.  But he told me he wouldn't play me."

"He's not afraid or anything."

The new Washington Redskins quarterback paused and laughed,  "I did not say that."



Griffin continued, "[Obama] said that he would play with me. We can play on the same team, maybe take on you [Leno] and whoever else you want to bring... not against me."

RG3 sure knows how to work a crowd and he went on to talk about how he proposed to his girlfriend Rebecca Liddicoat after Baylor clinched its first bowl appearance in 16 years.

"I didn't do it on the field like the big cliche," he said.  "So I actually did it after the game, brought her to our indoor facility."

He gave a pair of his signature Adidas socks to Leno and House star Hugh Laurie to whom he turned and cracked," Mr. Hugh, I don't know if you like socks, but you can cut these up and make a tie out of them."

The ubiquitous Griffin had Laurie and the audience rolling in the aisles.

RG3 passed his late night debut with flying colors, now we'll wait and see how he passes against NFL defenses.


No comments:

Post a Comment