Thursday, August 29, 2013

Yankee players make fake chalk outline of body mocking Eduardo Nunez's injury (VIDEO)

A day after Yankees infielder Eduardo Nunez fell to the turf in Toronto, a couple of his teammates made a tape outline of his body on the Rogers Centre infield before Wednesday night's game against the Blue Jays.



At the same spot where Nunez went down on the field, Vernon Wells and Joba Chamberlain made a mock chalk outline of the accident-prone infielder on the turf with athletic tape. There was also a wheelchair placed in front of his locker. Nunez laughed when he saw the wheelchair and immediately accused Robinson Cano and Derek Jeter of having something to do with the prank.

 "I think these guys have to be part of this," Nunez said. "For sure, I’ve got to find out. Do something, too."





"The video is funny," Nunez said of the clip (see below) of him falling down. "I know. Weird things happen to me all the time, I guess. Now it’s funny because I (didn’t) break my knee, but that wasn’t (Tuesday) night. Now I’m laughing."

The pre-game levity didn't last for long. By the end of Wednesday night, Nunez sounded more frightened than bent on prank revenge.

When Nunez tried to run in batting practice before the Yankees’ 7-2 loss to Toronto Wednesday night, pain flared up in his knee again and he was scratched from the lineup. Now he’ll be getting an MRI Thursday and the infielder is worried that he’s hurt badly enough that he could miss a few weeks.




That's no laughing matter to the depleted Yankees infield.

No comments:

Post a Comment