Sunday, September 13, 2015

Female kicker makes historic extra point for Kent State football team (VIDEO)


The kick wasn't perfect, but that hardly mattered to April Goss when she finally got her big chance to get on the football field. In doing so, Goss made the extra point — and history.


A four-year member of Kent State's football team, Goss kicked the extra point in the first half Saturday in a 45-13 win over Delaware State, becoming the second woman to score in a major college football game. 

Katie Hnida kicked a pair of extra points for New Mexico in 2003. Goss, who was a soccer player in high school before deciding to try football, appears to be the only woman currently on a Division I roster.

Wearing No. 91, Goss made the kick with 4:30 left in the second quarter, giving the Golden Flashes a 29-6 lead.




"I was a little disappointed I didn't make a better kick. I was sure it was going right, but it did go through," said Goss after the game. "I'll probably beat myself up for that for a little while, but it was awesome."



No comments:

Post a Comment