Friday, September 4, 2015

Bryce Harper scores four runs without swinging bat once (VIDEO)

Bryce Harper had a very strange night on Thursday. And made MLB history while having it.

As the Nationals routed the Braves 15-1, Harper came to the plate four times, looked at 20 pitches and didn't swing at a single one. And after each time he walked, he managed to come around and score.

His final line for the night: 0-for-0, four runs, one RBI and four walks.


Scoring four runs in a game without registering an official at-bat is a bizarre feat you don't see too often. In fact, it's only happened three other times since 1914. The only other players to score four runs in a game without registering an official at-bat include these guys:


And none of those three Hall of Famers had an RBI to boot.

After the game, Harper told reporters:

"I've got confidence in everybody on our team to get a job done behind me," said Harper. "I'll take my walks when I can. And when they throw the ball over the plate, I'll take my hits, too."

The Nats pulled Harper in the sixth inning because the game was out of hand. But it would have been fun to see how far the slugger could have gone without taking a cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment