Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson lost one of his new puppies on Monday after it consumed a poisonous mushroom.
The Hollywood and former WWE star adopted two French bulldogs that his family named Hobbs and Brutus last month. Since then, the pups have appeared in numerous adorable posts on The Rock's Instagram account.
But, after Brutus became sick after eating the toxic fungi and had to be put down, Johnson took to Instagram and Facebook and shared the news of his loss.
Another reminder we have to live and love as greatly as we can today, because tomorrow is never guaranteed. At approximately 11:15pm last night myself and @laurenhashianofficial had to make the painful decision to end Brutus' suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil' paw as he was finally at peace. As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members. Thank you Dr. Deckelbaum and Dr. West and the incredibly caring nurses and staff at The Animal Medical Center At Cooper City. We'll always love you Brutus.. and you'll always be my lil' main man and rough housing Brute. #RIPBrutus #WishICouldveSavedYouOneMoreTime
Johnson's post also contained a warning about a danger most other dog owners don't even pay much attention to.
"I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil' family members," he wrote.
RIP little Brutus. Your death was not in vain.