Thursday, February 12, 2015

Brian Cushing played part of 2014 with broken wrist: Report

Brian Cushing has had a recent run of bad luck when it comes to his health. One that no NFL player would even wish upon his biggest rival.

The Houston Texans linebacker tore his ACL in 2012 and broke his leg and tore his LCL in 2013 and now, despite the fact that he played 14 games in 2014, claims he was hiding an injury that required surgery this offseason: A broken wrist.



Here's what the former N.J. high school standout  said at a charity event in Houston on Wednesday (via ESPN.com):

"I was playing with it broken for a while. ... It was kind of one of those things, after a game I woke up and it was sore. I've bumped my wrist before ... didn't think it was a big deal, got a little better, got a little worse. This kept getting worse and worse. I figured something was up with it."

Cushing said he had surgery on his right wrist and will need about three months of recovery time.

"I was playing with it broken for a while," he said. "It was kind of one of those things, after a game I woke up and it was sore. I've bumped my wrist before ... didn't think it was a big deal, got a little better, got a little worse. This kept getting worse and worse. I figured something was up with it."

Cushing still finished 2014 with 72 combined tackles and one sack.

No comments:

Post a Comment