Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Shaq under fire for mocking disabled fan's selfie (PHOTO)

Shaquille O’Neal is usually good for a lot of innocent fun — but the former NBA star might have gone just one joke too far and is under fire for mocking a disabled fan’s selfie.

Shaq posted a picture on Instagram of his own contorted face next to Jahmel Binion’s innocent selfie.

The post, captioned “Smile today,” earned more than 14,000 likes with former University of Michigan athlete Trey Burke and rapper Waka Flocka Flame joining in on the teasing, FOX 2 reports.




The insensitive post has been deleted. But for Binion, the damage may be irreparable.


Binion considered Shaq his basketball idol and respected his charitable works and advocacy for disadvantaged children in America.

“I’ve been getting teased since I was yay (sic) tall. People laugh at me, stare at me,” Binion said. “I was kind of hurt because I’ve always looked up to him. I’ve watched Shaq play basketball since I was (inaudible), so I was like, why are you making fun of me? He is supposed to be this role model.”


Despite the constant abuse, Binion still has a positive outlook on life. He said the cruel taunts have inspired him to start an anti-bullying campaign called Hug Don’t Judge.

Ball's in your court now Shaq.

No comments:

Post a Comment