Friday, August 7, 2015

Floyd Mayweather jabs Ronda Rousey: Call me 'when you make $300M in 36 minutes'

In between promoting his final fight against opponent Andre Berto, Floyd Mayweather Jr. still found time to take another jab at Ronda Rousey, MMA’s biggest attraction, during an interview on Thursday.


Mayweather connected with the verbal hit on ESPN’s SportsCenter when he said, “I’ve yet to see any MMA fighter, or other boxer, make over $300 million in 36 minutes. When she can do that, then call me."

The attack on the UFC sensation follows Rousey’s dig at Mayweather about his past history of domestic violence at the ESPY’s last month, where she beat him out for Fighter of the Year.


 “I wonder how Floyd feels being beaten by a woman for once," she said while posing for the media on the red carpet.

Both fighters have never experienced a loss in their professional careers (Mayweather 48-0 in the boxing ring, and Rousey 12-0 in MMA), and have continued to verbally spar since the ESPYs.

Mayweather also repeated his declaration that this is the last bout of his career, although a grin he flashed said otherwise. Mayweather previously retired in 2008, but it barely lasted a year.

The pound-for-pound champ will fight Berto at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on Sept. 12.

Expect another exchange with Rousey sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can't wait to read lots of your posts. Ronda Rousey

    ReplyDelete