Thursday, June 18, 2015

Lamar Odom’s best friend died from flesh-eating infection, not OD: Report

Lamar Odom’s best friend and reported drug buddy, Jamie Sangouthai, did not die from a drug overdose as initially suspected, but of a fast-moving flesh-eating disease associated with intravenous drug use, reports TMZ.

Following an initial report from TMZ, the LA County Coroner’s Office confirmed that 37-year-old Sangouthai died Sunday from a rare flesh-eating disease caused by injections from dirty needles.

According to the coroner, the exact term for this type of bacterial skin infection is “necrotizing fasciitis,” which was caused by chronic intravenous drug use.

Sangouthai — whose struggle with drugs was featured on the E! spinoff “Khloe and Lamar” with the former NBA star — went to the hospital for his infected arm, but this type of infection spreads rapidly and often becomes life-threatening in a very short amount of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment