Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Eli Manning avoids discussing 'Entourage' cameo dodge

Eli Manning did not appear in the "Entourage" movie, but is unintentionally giving the HBO series feature film a little free press.

Series creator Doug Ellin claims he was in touch with Manning about having the Giants quarterback appear in a cameo in the movie and, in fact,  said Manning had reached out to him about a part.


But, according to Ellin, Manning backed out without ever telling the director. He just disappeared and stopped returning calls. Ellin, a lifelong Giants fan, had to turn to Tom Brady to fill the gratuitous role.

 And it sounds like the Giants quarterback will not be checking out the movie in theaters either.

“I don’t think I’ll see it,’’ Manning said Monday afternoon after an organized team activity practice. “I’ll pass.’’



Ellin accused Manning of dodging him, saying he could not get in touch with Manning about making it to the set before replacing him with Brady.

“I was going crazy,’’ Ellin said. “Beyond frustrating.’’

Ellin said he eventually heard from Manning’s agent that Manning wanted to focus on football.

“I went kind of crazy,’’ Ellin said, “and I said ‘No, I don’t understand.’ He works hard, I work hard. I didn’t call him. He called me.’’

Clearly, Manning has another side to tell, but he did not want to get into it on Monday.

“I don’t, whatever, I don’t want to give it any more press than there already has been,’’ Manning said. “It doesn’t bother me. Whatever.’’

"Entourage" received mixed reviews and got sacked at the box office. Its first extended weekend $17.8 million gross finished fourth, behind “Spy,’’ “Insidious: Chapter 3’’ and “San Andreas.’’

Now maybe if Ari Gold could get the Giants and Eli to hammer out a new contract...

No comments:

Post a Comment