Sunday, March 2, 2014

Premier League coach facing sanctions after headbutting opposing player (VIDEO)

Newcastle United led 3-1 with 20 minutes to go against Hull City on Saturday when Newcastle coach Alan Pardew used his head or, more precisely, lost it in a moment of frustration.

Pardew could be looking at a heavy fine and lengthy ban for inexplicably headbutting Hull's David Meyler on the sidelines— particularly after a having a long record of such transgressions during his career.



Referee Kevin Friend sent Pardew off and the Magpies manager watched from the stands as his side won 4-1, but he will certainly see further sanctions for his terrible reaction to being slightly pushed by Meyler as the ball went out of play in front of the Newcastle bench.

Following the game Pardew came out and spoke to the media and explained what happened from his point of view and also shared his regret:

“It was a heat of the moment thing. I massively regret it and I will have to sit down from now on. Of course, I didn’t mean to do anything aggressive. I did move my head forward and that’s enough. Perhaps I need to sit down from now on. It’s a shame beacons it’s taken the gloss off a terrific performance. Of course I apologize. I represent a big club.”
That's using your head.





No comments:

Post a Comment