Friday, January 1, 2016

Cam Newton names his newborn son Chosen Sebastian

Cam Newton and his longtime girlfriend, Kia Proctor, very quietly welcomed their first child on Christmas Eve and now the Panthers quarterback has revealed his son's name: Chosen Sebastian Newton.

What?! Dab wasn't good enough?


Newton, who is a front-runner for the MVP and has guided the Carolina Panthers to a 14-1 record, first announced the birth of his son via social media on Wednesday.


"My longtime girlfriend and I were extremely blessed to have a son last week," Newton wrote on Twitter. "Our family is excited and thank you all for the well wishes!

"I've been quiet about this because I didn't want to create a distraction for my team and appreciate the privacy in this joyous time."

Newton was asked about his son on Thursday, but he tried to remain focused on Sunday's game against the Buccaneers.

"I think we're (overdosing) on this whole situation," Newton said, according to the Charlotte Observer. "Yeah, I had a child, the people who needed to know have known for a while.

"Nothing's pretty much changed besides our record. The focus now is still the same. Find ways to become 1-0."

Still, if Cam wanted his kid to get teased, I would have gone with the quirkier name Fig. But luckily, for Chosen, his middle name isn't One.

1 comment: