Thursday, December 8, 2011

Brandon Jacobs To Cowboys: "I Am A Bully"

Brandon Jacobs agrees with Cowboys Mike Jenkins that "he is a bully" and because the Dallas cornerback said it, the Giants running back thinks the Cowboys are scared.

On Wed., Jenkins said this about Jacobs, "That's him.  That's what you get from him.  He is a bully."

Jacobs, the 260-pound pile driver, pulled no punches when he said that he doesn't mind the derogatory label.

On Wed., Jacobs proudly claimed "I am a bully" in response to Jenkins dig.


Not exactly politically-correct, but it makes some awfully good bulletin board material.

"I think people who call out bullies are afraid of bullies," said Jacobs on Thursday.  "If you call me a bully, that's how I see it.  They're just sitting back waiting for us to come there, and we're going in there ready to play football."

Just another one of the controversial tid-bits Jacobs has babbled this season.

Earlier in the season, he criticized the coaches for not using him enough and— after the recent loss to the Philadelphia Eagles— Jacobs commented about the fans who booed him during his 12-carries for 21 yards game.

"I don't take nothing back about what I said about the fans," he crowed.

Jacobs hasn't exactly been bowling over too many opponents this season with bully-like running.  His physical running style has been hampered by injuries all season and pulled a hamstring, after gaining 25 yards on two carries, last week against the Green Bay Packers. 

It sounds like Jacobs wants to make a statement on the field in this week's critical game in Dallas.

"That's always our plan," he said.  "If you go in there and bring it to them and keep doing it all game long, some body's going to break.  Either the person who's giving it is going to get tired of bringing it or they're going to get tired of trying to stop the person that's bringing it.  Whoever wants it bad enough."

Giants DE Justin Tuck agrees.

"I always tell him 'First they're going to try and face you up,'" Tuck said.  "'Second quarter they might slide and ask for their teammate to help them.  Third quarter, man, they're going to be jumping out of the way.'  I'm hoping that he understands how dominant of a back he can be when he wants to be."

Tuck laughed off Cowboys DeMarcus Ware's assertion that he wants to swap the "NY" on his helmet for a star.

"Me wanting to be a Cowboy?  Hmmm," Tuck said.  "Well, I don't wear Wranglers.  I don't wear cowboy hats or boots or those buckle belts.  And I don't need a star on my helmet to tell me I'm pretty good at what I do.   I plan on retiring a Giant."

No comments:

Post a Comment