Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Australian diver scores all zeros on worst competition dive ever (VIDEO)

Australian diver Maddison Keeney belly-flopped herself out of the World Aquatics Championships in Russia with a less than stellar dive in the final round.


The young woman's nerves appeared to have got the better of her and following the disastrous dive she slipped from fourth place to twelfth — scoring zeros across the board.



The dive carried a high degree of difficulty at 3.2 and, if she had nailed it, the 19-year-old may have landed herself on the medal stand. 

But she balked and all but fell off the platform, failing to register a score — dropping her to last place in the world-class field.

Footage from the event shows the Keeney bouncing on the platform before appearing to lose her balance.



It's still a pretty good dive at any pool or pond I've been to. And she has company. It was only last month that these two Filipino divers made a splash the wrong way and are now Internet stars.

Gisele Bundchen wore burqa on way to plastic surgery: Report

Tom Brady apparently wasn't the only one in his household concerning himself about deflated objects in recent weeks.

While the Patriots quarterback was trying to save face during an investigation by the NFL, his supermodel wife, Gisele Bundchen, was getting secret plastic surgery in Paris.

Bundchen and her younger sister reportedly hid under a burqa — the traditional Muslim wear — during the holy month of Ramadan — so they could get boob jobs without any publicity.



The Brazilian beauty wore a burqa so she could sneak into the swank International Clinique du Parc Monceau for work on her breasts and eyes, sources claim.


A dead giveaway was the footwear — Muslim women are forbidden from wearing open-toed shoes.

A source said she was concerned that her breasts had sagged after having two children — and the surgery was a 35th-birthday and post-retirement present to herself.

Gisele and sister Rafaela were picked up by Bundchen’s longtime chauffeur at the Bristol Hotel and driven to the clinic on July 15, sources said. The photo below shows Gisele with the driver before she donned the burqa.

The next day, after the two surgeries, the trusty driver — who has worked for Gisele since at least 2010 — took the two women back to the hotel, where they packed up their belongings. He then drove them to the exclusive Les Sources de Caudalie spa, where Bundchen recovered for five days before leaving Paris.

The former Victoria’s Secret Angel, who made $47 million last year as the world’s highest-paid model, according to Forbes, paid about $11,000 for her surgeries.

And that's one DeflateGate problem out of the way.


On Friday, Bundchen was photographed in sunglasses as she and Rafaela strolled through Charles de Gaulle Airport in Paris on their way back to the United States.

Gone was the burqa — which has actually been banned in France since 2010.

Her reps didn’t respond to requests for comment on Tuesday.

Vin Scully while Ethier destroys bat rack: ‘Get it out, son’ (VIDEO)

Things that stink in life: Missing your school bus, losing your lunch money to a bully and making an out during a big game.


And that last reason was why Andre Ethier used his bat to vent his frustration in the dugout after lining out to the Athletics' Ike Davis Tuesday night.

And, as always, there was the soothing voice of Vin Scully to turn the big leaguer's tantrum into a calming perspective.

And after you put those bats back on the rack Andre, how about we go for some ice cream?


With sprinkles?


Key & Peele imagine if teachers were treated like pro athletes on 'SportsCenter' (VIDEO)

Nobody spoofs professional sports like "Key & Peele." And Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele are at it again in a skit that imagines teachers being treated as pro athletes on a show like ESPN's "SportsCenter."


In the clip below, the two sketch comics report on “the latest developments in the exciting world of pro teaching” on the show “TeachingCenter.”

It include hilarious — and perceptive — segments that feature a behind-the-scenes looks at the fictional High School Teacher Draft, a Telestrator breakdown of a teacher at work and some really inflated teachers' paychecks.



Sadly, after five seasons together on Comedy Central, the comedic duo will end their show on the network. Peele tweeted last weekend, "Don't miss the last 8 episodes!" in reference to the ending of the current season.

We'll just have to wait for the full length movies.

After trailing 5-0, Yankees score 21 unanswered runs to beat Rangers

Chris Capuano was awful Tuesday night. The Yankees starter issuied five walks in the first inning that resulted in the Texas Rangers scoring five quick runs, but thanks to a slew of even more awful Texas Rangers pitchers, it didn’t matter.

And Capuano's fail only set up what was to be an astonishing 21-5 Yankees win at Globe Life Park. A weird game that included an 11-run inning, position players pitching and a Triple-A call-up throwing 5 1/3 hitless and scoreless innings for his first big league win.


The Yankees' bats weren't the only things that were hot during the bizarre game. The lop-sided victory was witnessed by a crowd of 28,403 that withered like the Rangers — thanks to a game-time temperature of 98 degrees.

“I don’t know if I have ever been part of that,’’ manager Joe Girardi said after his barnstorming club won for the 13th time in 16 games and remained seven games ahead of the second-place Orioles in the AL East. “Give up five in the first, don’t give up a hit and score 21 runs.’’

And while Yankees hitters were having their way, pitcher Diego Moreno was just a hair less than perfect after the hole his team dug. Moreno — a Yankees pitcher promoted from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre earlier Tuesday and part of the 2012 A.J. Burnett deal with the Pirates — worked 5 ¹/₃ hitless and scoreless innings for his first big league win in three games.

“I am happy about the opportunity and to be part of the win,’’ said Moreno, who walked Shin-Soo Choo with two outs in the third. It was the only base runner the Rangers had after the first inning.

The 11 runs in the second inning were the most by the Yankees in an inning since July 30, 2011 against Baltimore. The 21 runs are the most by the Yankees since a 22-9 win over the Athletics on Aug. 25, 2011.

Chris Young led the season-high 19-hit attack with a third-inning grand slam and an RBI double in the sixth. Brett Gardner added a two-run homer in the ninth off infielder Adam Rosales, who was on the mound, and Didi Gregorius contributed a career-high four hits and had a three-run triple in the second.


The only Yankees starter to not get a hit was Mark Teixeira who went 0-for-3.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Angry cyclist lifts up car and moves it out of bike lane by himself (VIDEO)

An infuriated cyclist who apparently didn't want to risk injury peddling outside a bike lane, picked up and moved a car parked in his path before jumping back on his two-wheeler and continuing on his trek.



The beefy bike rider, who has not been identified but resembles King Kong Bundy, was filmed by a car driver, who captured the man's amazing feat of strength.

In the video, which is believed to have been filmed in Sao Paulo, Brazil, the annoyed dude can be seen standing behind the car and holding the bottom of its bumper with both hands and simply moving it aside.



And to a crowd of cheers, the strongman went on his merry way.


Let's call it a Tour de Force.

Junior Seau's family won't disrupt Hall of Fame ceremonies, says lawyer: Report

The family of the late Junior Seau will not disrupt the Hall of Fame ceremonies on Aug. 8 despite its disagreement with a policy preventing live remarks during a posthumous induction.

Steve Strauss, legal counsel to the Seaus and partner at Cooley LLP, said in an email Monday night that the family "does not want this issue to become a distraction to Junior's accomplishments and legacy or those of the other inductees."


Seau, who killed himself in 2012, will be saluted with a video presentation in which his daughter, Sydney, will speak. But Hall policy does not allow for live speeches during a posthumous induction.

Before his tragic death, Seau told his family that if he was ever inducted to the HoF, the 14-year NFL veteran wanted Sydney to give his induction speech.

"The Seau family appreciates the overwhelming support for Sydney Seau to be able to accept Junior's induction into the Hall of Fame live and in her own words," Strauss said. "Unfortunately, the Hall of Fame is unwilling to reverse its decision despite communicating to the family earlier this year that Sydney would be able to speak at the ceremony. Contrary to the most recent statement by the Hall of Fame, the family does not support the current policy that prevents family members from delivering live remarks on behalf of deceased inductees.

"The Seau family never intended to use the Hall of Fame as a platform to discuss the serious mental health issues facing the NFL today, which are most appropriately addressed in a legal forum," Strauss said. "The Seau family looks forward to celebrating Junior's extraordinary accomplishments at the Hall of Fame."

Hall representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In a statement from Hall executive vice president Joe Horrigan last Friday, a 2010 policy was referenced.

"The policy of the Pro Football Hall of Fame since 2010 regarding individuals enshrined posthumously provides for an expanded presenting video (longer than the videos of living inductees) followed by the traditional unveiling of the bronzed bust and no additional comments made from the podium," Horrigan said.

The 2011 induction used such a format when former Los Angeles Rams star Les Richter was inducted posthumously.