Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Andy Dalton puts end to lame 'Red Ryder BB gun' beef with JJ Watt

Right after Monday night's game at Paul Brown Stadium, the Texans' J.J. Watt and Bengals' Andy Dalton got into a public war of words after the defensive end joked on national television that "Our goal was to come out here and make the Red Rifle look like a Red Ryder BB Gun."


Dalton countered later Monday night during the post-game press conference by shooting back:

"I'm disappointed in [Watt's comments]. The integrity of this game -- I have a lot of respect for him. He's a really good player. There's a lot of kids and a lot of people who look up to him. For him to make comments like that, he's showing that's acceptable to do that kind of stuff, to say that kind of stuff. It's disappointing for one of the best players in this league to come out and say something like that. That's all I'm going to say about that. I think J.J. is a good player, but for him to be one of the best in this league and to show that integrity, and to show that type of ... it shows what he's about, which is disappointing."

Hence, one of the lamest feuds in NFL history was on.


OK. Dalton may have overreacted, but on Wednesday, like making a giant Wonder Bread sandwich, the Bengals quarterback spread a comfortable amount of Cheez Whiz between the two NFL stars:


"What I did wrong is that I responded to what somebody said that he said," Dalton said via ESPN.com. "I never even heard his interview. So I don't know the context in which it was said. I don't know what he said before, I don't know what he said after. My part, I shouldn't have reacted the way I did without hearing what he said and actually hearing what he said. I was responding to what an interviewer tells me he said.

"My reaction wasn't warranted just because, again, I haven't seen it. I'm not going to watch, I don't care. I've got no ill will toward J.J. There's no feud between me and J.J. We lost the game. He said what he said, and we're moving on. That's in the past now."

There it is, beef over, Don't forget the Miracle Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment