Friday, July 17, 2015

U2's Bono tries on Patriots Super Bowl ring before show

I keep forgetting, is Bono the Tom Brady of the rock music world? Or is Tom Brady the Bono of the NFL?



Either way, the U2 lead singer with the one name moniker got to sort of know what it's like to be the star quarterback when he tried on Patriots owner Robert Kraft's Super Bowl ring before a performance on Wednesday.



And there were no follow-up tweets, or theft reports from Kraft, unlike the last time he let someone famous try on his bling.

That's when Russian president Vladimir Putin reportedly stuffed it in his pocket and took off during a meeting in 2005.

"I took out the ring and showed it to [Putin], and he put it on and he goes, 'I can kill someone with this ring,'" Kraft explained at the time. "I put my hand out and he put it in his pocket, and three KGB guys got around him and walked out."

But no such problem with Bono. He's a humanitarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment