Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A-Rod issues hand-written apology letter to fans (PHOTOS)

Alex Rodriguez released a hand-written letter apologizing to fans Tuesday, in which he says he takes “full responsibility for the mistakes” that led to his yearlong drug ban.


The disgraced slugger goes on to say he regrets his attitude towards Major League Baseball and his Yankees bosses, though he said he would decline their invitation to use Yankee Stadium for an apology press conference.

“I accept the fact that many of you will not believe my apology or anything that I say at this point,” A-Rod wrote. “I understand why and that’s on me.”

As in the statement released following his meeting with Yankees honchos last week, Rodriguez offers no specifics about the misdeeds for which he feels compelled to apologize.

Rodriguez concludes the letter by expressing the desire to move on from his latest controversy, writing: “I will do everything I can to be the best player and teammate possible, earn a spot on the Yankees and help us win.”

Here is the full two-page letter:


No comments:

Post a Comment