Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Former NFL player becomes America's Top Model's first male winner: Report

A former NFL player has made reality show history as the first man to win America's Next Top Model.


Keith Carlos, a former receiver for the Giants and Eagles and played one season in the NFL, beat out 30 other men and women to win the competition, which meant landing a contract with Next Model Management as well as a spread in Nylon magazine.

The 26-year-old proudly announced the good news on Instagram with a photo of himself and host Tyra Banks, with the caption: "This one is also for the MEN out there trying to succeed in a female-dominated industry. 

"This is for the young in urban America with a single mother, no guidance, and a chip on their shoulder."

Wow! I'm honored and extremely overwhelmed with LOVE. I would like to congratulate my new family members the cast of ANTM C21! They are all talented and they all will be VERY successful! This one is also for the MEN out there trying to succeed in a female dominated industry. This is for the youngin in urban America with a single mother, no guidance, and a chip on their shoulder. Those that know me know that I want to see everyone win in life and this is who I am to the core. We need more positive role models out there to change the direction our society is going. I'm glad I am the new trend setter for this generation! It's a great responsibility and I'm STRONG enough to do so. THANKS TO #TEAMKeithCarlos I Love you all for riding with me the whole way! I'm glad I had this opportunity to make all my supporters proud. Thanks to my haters because you keep me motivated to see you pissed off at my successes. Thanks @tyrabanks , Ken Mok and my other GREAT MENTORS ON ANTM for breaking me down and building me back up molding me into who I am as a model! Thanks to the whole Production, the beautiful women that casted me @carrieincasting and @michellemockcasting your time and efforts are very appreciated............................... Much Respect! R.I.P #MikeBrown #EricGarner and many others let's break this cycle MEN!
Una foto publicada por MR. ANTM (@keithcarlos) el


A little wordy maybe. But hey, chalk one up for the men.

On his Facebook page, Carlos claims that his modeling career began when he was chosen to star on the cover of Krave magazine in 2011.

"I've always been told I should model... but I was so attached to football that I never really immersed myself into it,' Keith told Zap2it.com

"So once my career came to an end, I was like, 'I'm gonna do something different.'"

Considering that no one would ever confuse Carlos with Odell Beckham Jr. — he never even caught a pass during an NFL regular season game — it's easy to say the former player made the right choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment