Friday, November 14, 2014

Aaron Rodgers blames back strain from standing around during Bears blowout: Report

Bears fans might be spitting out their coffee this morning after finding out Aaron Rodgers strained his back due to "standing around" so much during the second half of Sunday's 55-14 rout of Chicago.

The Green Bay Packers quarterback attributed his tight "blowout back" to to idling on the sideline during on his Milwaukee radio show Tuesday.

Rodgers threw six first-half touchdowns in the first half, tying the NFL record for most scoring passes in a half, before pulling himself from the game.



"My low back was actually hurting, said Rodgers. "I think I attributed that to standing around the entire time as the second half went on, not [from] anything that happened on the field…The guys took really good care of me on the field. I barely got touched all game, but my back actually got a little tight on the sideline…I forgot what a strain that can be to stand there and watch."


Rodgers had a shot at tying the league record for touchdowns in a game, but the Packers settled for a field goal on his final series before giving way to backup Matt Flynn.

No comments:

Post a Comment