Sunday, November 3, 2013

Usain Bolt filled up with sex and McNuggets at Beijing Olympics: Report

During the Beijing Olympics, a then 22 year-old Usain Bolt thought that Chinese food was “odd.” So the Jamaican sprinter ran to the nearest McDonald’s in search of his favorite food: chicken McNuggets — and ending up eating 1,000 pieces of the fried chicken parts over the course of the Games.

Besides his Kobayashian feat (and Olympic gold), this is just one of the tidbits the international track and field star reveals in his new memoir, “Faster Than Lightning” (Harper), out next week.

“At first I ate a box of 20 for lunch, then another for dinner. The next day I had two boxes for breakfast, one for lunch and then another couple in the evening. I even grabbed some fries and an apple pie to go with it,” the N.Y. Post writes about the book.

Bolt estimates that during the 10 days he spent in Beijing, he downed 100 nuggets every 24 hours. That equals 1,000 chunks of chicken. “Man, I should have gotten a gold medal for all that chowing down,” he writes.

He also had a “don’t ask don’t tell” policy with his first girlfriend.



Bolt was already dating his first serious girlfriend, Jamaican runner Mizicann Evans when he arrived in Beijing.

But after becoming an overnight sensation, he found that the “ladies threw themselves” at him, he writes.

“I was able to get any lady I wanted ... I could walk into a party and take my pick,” he writes. “I would go into a club and think, ‘Hmm, a’ight, which one? You ... ? You ... ? Oh, you! Let’s do this.’

So, how did the couple stay together?

“We had one rule: If I was doing my thing with someone else and Mizzi didn’t know, then she was cool. But if she found out that something had happened between me and another girl, then that person had to go,” writes Bolt.

After five years together, the couple has since split.

He also says "Bolting" — the runner’s go-to celebration, where he pulls his arm back like an archer and aims an imaginary bow at the heavens — wasn’t his idea.

The flamboyant Bolt first struck this pose when he set the world record in the 100 meters during the Beijing 2008 games. And though it looked like an impromptu celebration, it was actually planned in advance with a dancer friend from Jamaica.

“I’d made a deal that if I won the 100, I would bust some crazy dance move. It was called ‘Di World,’ ” he writes.

Though he has been criticized for the unsportsmanlike move, it hasn’t stopped Bolt from striking the pose every time he wins a race.

For the next Olympics we know Rio 2016 has the ladies, but does it have McNuggets?

4 comments:

  1. What a great endorsement for Mikey D's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. big ups my youth! Be dat Bolt of lightning,...everytime! Booyaka

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, hell, and here all this time I thought it was voodoo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, u're really funny dude.....didn't think of that one......he's the greatest of all time, yall should find a reason for his actions.....lol

      Delete