Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Blazers mock Knicks’ Felton on Twitter with angry face

The Raymond Felton-Portland Trailblazer spat is a feud that keeps on giving — and getting.

Two days ago Felton gave an interview with two writers at an Under Armour appearance in midtown Manhattan where he went on a long rant about the unfair criticism of his conditioning repertoire as a Blazer.

The Portland organization got wind of Felton's diatribe and has fired back with a photo of their former player with an angry face via Twitter.



In March, Felton was heckled by the road fans inside the Rose Garden. Felton is still bitter at the taunts he believes he received in Portland two seasons ago.

"I laughed at the crowd," Felton said in the interview. "We’re in the playoffs. What about you all?"  He went on for more than a couple of minutes.

The Blazers posted this response on their official Twitter account:




"At the end of the day, they said a lot things about me," Felton said the other night regarding the Portland media and fans. "Said a lot of things about Jamal Crawford. They said me and Jamal were bad eggs. I’m sitting back like, ‘Jamal is with the Clippers having a great year, up for Sixth Man of the Year. His team was in the playoffs.’ And our team is in the playoffs. I don’t think we were the issues of bringing that team down. Not in the playoffs again and you want to put the blame on two guys. It was our fault they didn’t make the playoffs. Really?

“I don’t think that we were the issue because we were not there last year and they were not in the playoffs,” Felton added. “I was kind of upset about that because then you’re trying to kill my character. That’s not what I’m about. That part pissed me off. Now you’re trying to mess with my character? I was kind of upset about that. I’m not a type of cancer in the locker room."

Felton said he has lost at least 15 pounds since his stint with the Blazers during the lockout-shortened, 2011-12 season.

The Knicks visit Portland on Nov. 25. Expect a lot angry faces in the crowd.



No comments:

Post a Comment