Monday, July 1, 2013

Busch takes blame for causing Keselowski pileup at Quaker State 400

Kurt Busch and Brad Keselowski were two of the NASCAR drivers involved in a scary wreck during the 48th lap of the Sprint Cup Quaker State 400 at Kentucky Speedway on Sunday.

The multi-car crash began when Busch, coming back into the track from the apron, bumped the back left of Keselowski's car. The No. 2 then spun down onto the apron before drifting back into the track, losing control before ramming more drivers in the expanding wreck.

It was the worst crash in the track's three-year history of hosting the Sprint Cup Series racing.

"Now that didn't work out so good," Busch said over the radio during the TNT broadcast after the race was temporarily halted under a red flag. "The track just threw me right back into him. That's all my fault."

Greg Biffle, Dave Blaney and Travis Kvapil were among the other drivers whose cars sustained damage.

"I know he didn't intentionally wreck me but it's just one of those things, a chain of events, the way the cars drive." Keselowski told TNT after being released from the care center. "The track has that really bad bump down there. We all know that. So there's no reason to go down there but he still did."

Keselowski had been in contention at the time of the crash, sitting in 10th position.

No comments:

Post a Comment