Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Jason Collins got 'coming out' advice from singer Lance Bass

Before the world found out NBA player Jason Collins was gay on Monday, the free-agent reached out to former boy band singer Lance Bass for some support and advice before he made it public.

"Jason told me [Monday], 'I don't know many gay people because all my life was about sports, [and] I've had such a crazy schedule I never had time to think about my private life.' So I gave him some really good connections," the former member of N'Sync said on his SiriusXM show, "Dirty Pop With Lance Bass."



"He’s been trying to plan this for a very long time, contemplating if he wanted to do this," added Bass.

"In fact, he said he was going to call me months ago but was too scared, because he wanted to tell me. I don’t [know him personally]—we have mutual friends. [Actress] JoAnna Garcia [Swisher] is a really good friend of his and was like 'Call Lance.' And so he did. And I gave him some very good advice today because of course everybody wants to interview him…and he was figuring out who would get that first sit down. …he calls and I was like 'So, how is your day going?' And he was like 'Well, just got off the phone with two presidents and Oprah, so pretty good.'"


No comments:

Post a Comment