Thursday, May 23, 2013

Giants' Coughlin says 'prayers' for injured Hynoski

Henry Hynoski's name may not carry the cache of an Eli Manning, Justin Tuck or Victor Cruz around the New York Giants camp but if you listen carefully to the words of his head coach yesterday, you can  hear how valuable a role the third-year fullback has with the team.

After Hynoski was carted off the field when he knocked knees with running back Andre Brown, Tom Coughlin was hopeful the fan favorite was alright.


“He kind of got (his leg rolled up on) and so we are taking a look at that,” the Giants head coach said. “I said a few prayers, and I’ll continue until I hear what it is.”



Hynoski was carted off the field, and did not return after crumbling to the turf on the second play of the 11-on-11 drills during Wednesday's OTA workout in East Rutherford. The valuable blocking back was scheduled to have an MRI on the injury.

“I handed the ball off and just saw him on the ground after,” Manning said. “I don’t know exactly what happened. I haven’t seen the film yet. I don’t know how severe the injury is, so hopefully it’s not too bad, and he can get back either for the spring or at least for training camp.”

Get well Hynocerous. The G-Men need you.

UPDATE:


Hynoski will undergo surgery to repair a damaged left MCL as well as a chip fracture to the lateral plateau, according to  the New York Daily News.  While there is no official timetable for a return, the two-year veteran is hoping he'll be ready for the start of the regular season. 

"I am going to set my mind to being ready for the first game of the regular season," Hynoski said in a statement. "[The Giants] said that is not an unrealistic goal, and I will do everything in my power to be ready for the start of the season."




No comments:

Post a Comment