Thursday, April 4, 2013

WWE stars take in Yankees batting practice before WrestleMania 29

The most popular lineup in the New York area this weekend won't be in Yankee Stadium or Citi Field but out in the swamps of New Jersey. With WrestleMania XXIX gearing up for Sunday's big event out at MetLife Stadium, a few of the WWE superstars came out to the Bronx to watch the Yankees take batting practice on Wednesday.

The Big Show, Kofi Kingston and and Natalya mingled with Mariano Rivera, Alex Rodriguez and Yankee legend Reggie Jackson.  Both the players and wrestlers said they were big fans of each other. Asked how he would fare in pinstripes, Kingston did what he does best — boast

"If I got to play baseball, I would probably be somewhere out in the outfield," he said. "I like to jump around a lot so you know I could jump up and rob those home runs."




Yankees right-hander Joba Chamberlain is a huge fan of both Big Show and the WWE. "We were talking and [Big Show] was like, 'If somebody threw a baseball that hard at me, I would want to fight him,'" the reliever said. "I was like, 'OK, then I guess we are not going to play catch.'"

Big Show said he was amazed at how fast the players threw the ball while just playing catch and wasn't so keen on his chances at the plate.

"My strike zone is too big,"said the 7-foot, 440-pound giant.

No comments:

Post a Comment