Saturday, October 6, 2012

Robinson Cano accepts reporter's apology for false tweet

Robinson Cano said he has accepted the apology of the employee of a North Carolina television station who falsely tweeted last month that the New York Yankees second baseman had  tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs and faced suspension from Major League Baseball.

"These days, people can say anything they want about yourself," Cano said.  "There's a lot of things you can't control.  If I said that as a player, I might get sued.  Somebody can say anything about you but at least you can get an apology back.  It didn't bother me because I know what was my situation.  So I didn't get out of my game or anything like that."



Thursday, Dan Tordjman, the reporter at WSOC-TV in Charlotte, used Twitter to apologize for his bogus Sept. 21 report about Cano and donated $10,000 to Cano's foundation.  Tordjman's television station also issued an on-air apology.

If anything, Cano's game has taken off since the false allegations. The hot hitting Cano heads into the American League division series against the Baltimore Orioles Sunday with a season-ending nine straight multi-game hit streak. He went 24-for-39 over that span with a blistering .615 batting average.

"I know I'm good and clean," said Cano.  "Thanks God."


No comments:

Post a Comment