Friday, September 9, 2011

Plaxico Takes Aim at Coughlin and Manning But Shoots Himself Again

Plaxico Burress, the ex-con who put a bullet into his own thigh, spent almost two years in a jail cell and was given a second chance to get on with his life keeps firing away-- only this time with his mouth.

The New York Jets receiver now lambastes a former teammate, coach and fans in a revealing article to be published next week.

Burress even rips into New York mayor Mike Bloomberg for using him as an example in his crusade for gun control.

Does this moron understand that no one owes him anything.

According to the New York Post, Burress whines about New York Giants head coach Tom Coughlin and quarterback Eli Manning for not showing more support after he was arrested for gun charges in the October issue of Men's Journal which comes out next week.

Now we know why Manning didn't attend the dinner with Giants owner John Mara and Coughlin when Burress was scrounging  for an NFL job this summer after his release from the joint.

Say what you will about Eli, but at least he didn't suck up to the ungrateful and self-entitled Burress.  He refused to kiss the ass of an ass.

The Jets receiver saves his harshest criticism for Coughlin, his coach with the Giants over a four-year span.

"After my situation happened, I turned on the TV, and the first words out of his mouth was 'sad and disappointing,' Burress complained.  "I'm like, forget support-- how about some concern?  I did just have a bullet in my leg.  And then I sat in his office, and he pushed back his chair and goes, 'I'm glad you didn't kill anybody!'  Man, we're paid too much to be treated like kids.  he doesn't realize that we're grown men and actually have kids of our own."

First thing Plax, you're right about the being "paid too much" part and second...let's see... a person actually says you're lucky you didn't kill someone because of your stupidity.  What a horrible statement.

The 34 year-old Burress lays into Coughlin by suggesting he doesn't relate to his younger players.


"He's not a real positive coach," Burress said.  "You look around the league, the Raheem Morrises and Rex Ryans-- when their player makes a mistake, they take 'em on the side and say, 'We'll get 'em next time.'  But Coughlin's on the sideline going crazy, man.  I can't remember one time when he tried to talk a player through not having a day he was having."

Maybe if you didn't blow off practice or disrupt the team, you would have had less of those bad days, Plax.  It's called discipline.

Burress says he was disheartened by the way Manning avoided him in prison.

"I was always his biggest supporter, even on days he wasn't on, 'cause I could sense he didn't have thick skin," says Burress.  Then I went away, and I thought he would come see me, but nothing, not a letter, in two years.  I don't want to say it was a slap in the face, but I thought our relationship was better than that."

If any one is an expert on skin it's you Plax, you put your own bullet through yours.

The interview was done right after Burress was released from prison in June and not long before he met with the Giants when he was a free-agent in July.

From the tone of the article, a second go-round with the Giants was never in the cards as many fans were hoping-- and led to believe.  The same fans Burress rips in the interview.

"I was a human pin cushion; they were like, ''Yeah, we finally got you, mother[bleeper]," he said.  "On the cover of the New York Post, it said 'GIANT IDIOT'! and I'm thinking, 'Damn, I went and gave 'em what they wanted.  I'm just another gun-toting, famous black athlete'."

No Plax, you're just a famous athlete who shot himself.

Asked yesterday by the Post about why he secretly attacked the Giants only weeks before he met with them for a job, Burress replied, " There comes a time when you get things off your chest and speak about it at that time and put it behind you.  I met with everyone over there and I think everything went well."

How well would that meeting have gone if Coughlin knew the hypocritical Burress' true feelings about the coach or if Mara found out the former-Giant thought management "let the media tear me apart, saying I was dogging practice, that I wasn't a team player, all this (bleep)?"

Burress still hasn't owned up to his own foolishness.  In the article he calls his sentence pointless.

"They charged me with criminal possession of a gun--that I own!--Charged me with a violent felony-- on myself."

It looks like all of Burress' feel-good talk about making a fresh start and moving on after life in prison was short-lived.

Man up Plaxico.  Take the high road like Michael Vick.

You will always be remembered for your game-winning catch in Super Bowl XLII, but now is no time to tarnish that memory.

A lot of Giant fans were rooting for you to make it on the outside-- not any more.

No comments:

Post a Comment